I am looking for motivated students interested in machine learning and optimization, especially reliable artificial intelligence. I am currently interested in the following topics:
- Efficient algorithms to improve adversarial robustness.
- Adaptive robustness against different categories of attacks.
- Optimization and generalization properties of various robust learning methods.
I have several openings as follows. We offer competitive salaries.
If you are interested in doing a Ph.D. at the City University of Hong Kong and working with me, you can apply in one of the following ways:
- Submit an application. If you are interested in working with me, mention me in your research statement.
- Apply directly by sending me an email with your CV and your undergraduate transcript. Please tell me your past research project and what you expect about doing a Ph.D.
Successful applicants are eligible to apply for Hong Kong Ph.D Fellowship Scheme
Ph.D. students can be enrolled in January, June and September each year.
If you are a Bachelor or Master student interested in doing an internship as research assistant, please send me an email with your CV.